Cannes Lions, 2012, saw Ogilvy & Mather have its best ever year. It has been presented with the prestigious Network of the Year award, and has won 83 Lions across all categories, including 1 Grand Prix, 12 Gold, 20 Silver and 50 Bronze. The network has also achieved a record 305 finalists during the festival.
Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather and Film & Press Jury President at Cannes 2012 said:
“We are delighted to be crowned Network of the Year in Cannes 2012 on top of winning a Grand Prix and 83 Lions. The awards are a reflection of our strong creative and management teams, our client relationships, and our agency culture that places its emphasis on creativity. It’s great to be recognised by our peers.”
Ogilvy & Mather China was crowned with a Grand Prix in the Outdoor category for its ‘CokeHands campaign.’
Across the Network 12 Golds were awarded – across all categories – for the following campaigns:
- 3x Gold for ‘The Return of Dictator Ben Ali’, Ogilvy & Mather Tunisia (2x Promo & Activation; and Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1x Gold for its ‘Sprite Shower,’ Ogilvy & Mather Brazil – Sao Paulo ( Promo & Activation)
- 1 x Gold for its Carling Black Label ‘Be The Coach,’ Ogilvy Cape Town (Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1x Gold for its Claro TV ‘Half of HBO for free,’ Ogilvy & Mather Guatemala (Direct)
- 1 x Gold for its Claro ‘A’ ‘T’ ‘S’ ‘I’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brazil (Press)
- 1x Gold for its IBM ‘THINK’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather NY (Design)
- 1x Gold for its Hellman’s ‘Recipe Receipt’ campaign, Ogilvy & Matcher Brasil (Promo & Activation)
- 1x Gold for its ‘Coke Hands’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather, China (Outdoor)
- 1x Gold for its Forbes ‘Donald Trump’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brazil (Outdoor)
- 1x Gold for its Coca-Cola ‘Share a Coke’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Sydney (Outdoor)
- London made a significant contribution to this achievement with a total of 7 Lions.